Help for Myself
Does your entire life seem to revolve around playing computer or video games or spending time online? Electronic entertainment and the internet is an integral part of many people's lives, sometimes by necessity as many businesses now rely on the internet in order to function from day to day. How then do you know if you are developing a problem?
Remember that being an addict is never a reflection of poor character, low intelligence, lack of willpower or anything similar. It doesn't mean you are "bad" and need to "be made good." Any addiction - even less commonly understood ones such as video games or compulsive internet use - is an illness, and like any other person with an illness you need professional treatment in order to recover.
Our entirely confidential and judgement-free video game addiction advice service can help you gain a fuller understanding of your situation and what steps you need to take in order to get better. You don't need to be alone if you are battling one of these addictions - we are here to help, so give us a call today.
Signs of Video Game or Internet Addiction
Here are some questions to ask yourself if you are worried about being potentially addicted to video games or being online.
- Do you feel very happy or content when you are surfing the web or playing games, but find yourself getting angry or upset when you have to stop?
- Do you find yourself thinking about going online or playing video games when you should be focused on other things, like working or spending time with your family?
- Do you seem to spend more time with your keyboard or game controller than you do physically spending time with other people?
- When others ask you what you spend your time doing, do you find that you have to lie, or "laugh it off" because you know that you have spent nearly all your time online or gaming?
- Do you ever get up in the middle of the night to check emails or Facebook or to play games, because you are having difficulty sleeping?
If you find yourself answering yes to any of the above questions then it may be time to take a step back from your gaming and internet use to ask yourself if it is beginning to take over your life.
It is never too late to seek help. Just pick up the phone and call us in complete confidence - our expert advisors will be able to talk you through your situation in a calm and caring way and get you on the path to a new and healthier life which is totally addiction free.